Are you looking for the ultimate opportunity to get your work recognized by your peers? Do you want to become a “Grand Master” of WPPI? Then get your entries ready!
The Annual 16×20 Print, Album and Filmmaking competition is now open! This will be the fourth go-round for me, and I couldn’t be more excited. I’ve gotten to know so many of you personally, as well as through your images, and it’s amazing to see the representations from all over the globe. I’m so proud of how much you’ve all grown, and how far we’ve come (with all of your help!) with this competition! Each year, based on feedback from the last year and changes in the industry, we look to improve and change with the times. A great place to start this year is to read our rules pages.
Here are some important dates, and things of note for this year:
- Early bird pricing ends on December 9. This is a great way to save, especially if you’re entering several images. Keep in mind that you only need to purchase the entries, you do not have to upload your entries now and you can always buy more later, so save a few bucks now!
- January 20 is the first deadline to purchase entries. After this, there is a significant increase in price, so we really urge you to purchase your submissions on or before this date. Of course, we’re all procrastinators, so I know there will be a bunch of you who will wait.
- February 3 is the final deadline to purchase entries.
- On February 17, all entries must be received in Las Vegas. Yes, Las Vegas! We are so happy to have our friends Jason and Ella from High Class Studios accepting and helping us manage the print competition this year. This gives us about two extra weeks to have the call for entries open. So please, do not send your prints to us in NYC!
Another great way to save some dough is our quantity discount:
- Purchase 8 entries and only pay for 7 (get one free)
- Purchase 12 entries and only pay for 10 (get two free)
- Purchase 18 entries and only pay for 15 (get three free)
Look for a more in-depth look at the competition in my column in Rangefinder this month! Of course, we are here if you have any questions, so feel free to email me.
Here are a few of last year’s winners to get you inspired!